Digital x-rays for exceptional dental care
At our Burbank, California dental office, we utilize state-of-the-art technology to deliver exceptional care to our patients. Digital x-rays are one of these technologies that allow us to better detect, diagnose, treat, and monitor oral conditions. While conventional x-rays are safe and only emit low radiation levels, we understand that patients are still concerned about safety. With digital x-rays, you can rest easy knowing that they produce up to 90% less radiation compared with conventional film x-rays.
How do digital dental x-rays work?
The procedure for digital x-rays is very similar to conventional film x-rays. When taking digital x-rays, a sensor device connected to a computer is placed in the mouth. The device captures images that are instantly sent to a computer for viewing by you and your dentist.
Benefits of digital x-rays
There are many advantages of utilizing digital dental radiography over conventional x-rays. Some of the most pertinent are as follows.
- Manipulability – Once the digital image is on the screen, we can manipulate it as needed to enlarge or focus on specific areas that require further review. This process makes it easy to identify even the smallest cavities and diagnose problems more efficiently and quickly.
- Improves patient experience – Since the images are available immediately on the screen, we can easily show you areas of concern, explain the problem and discuss options for treatment.
- Early detection – The high-quality, manipulatable images allow for earlier detection of problems, leading to time and money savings for patients.
- Easier to transfer – Since the images are digitized, they can be easily transferred to any other specialty office for a referral.
- Higher quality – The images produced with digital x-rays are much higher quality than conventional film x-rays. The images can be enhanced, including colorizing, contrasting, sharpening, flipping, and zooming.
- Environmentally friendly – Digital x-rays eliminate color processing and the use of hazardous chemicals that would impact the environment. They are considered a greener option.
Dr. Bostani’s Advanced Dental team here in Burbank, CA, is proud to offer safe, highly-accurate digital dental x-rays for our patients. If you would like to learn more about this technology or schedule an appointment at our office, please call us at (818) 918-5533.