If you take the time to care for your teeth and gums, you are less likely to suffer from the dangers of tooth decay and gum disease. This includes not only how you care for your teeth, but what foods and drinks you are consuming and how they can affect your oral health. A joyful smile requires healthy meals daily.
Your oral health service guide with healthy food choices features the following attributes:
– Saliva is one of the most crucial factors in keeping your mouth healthy. Make sure to keep a heavy saliva flow in your mouth with alternative cleaning tools such as sugarless gum.
– Foods absent of sugar and carbohydrates tend to be healthier for your teeth, as sugars can be converted into harmful acids that eat through tooth enamel.
– Products brimming with phosphorus and calcium have been proven to strengthen tooth enamel. In most cases, this includes a variety of meats and cheeses, nuts, and many types of milk.
– Eating between meals can increase your risk for tooth decay to occur.
– Try to find foods with a high water content, especially crunchy ones. These goods can wash away bacteria and food residue more easily and help keep your teeth clean.
Dr. Bostani’s Advanced Dental wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. If you are thinking about getting your smile corrected, please contact our dentist office in Burbank, California, by calling us at 818-973-7100. The best smiles begin as soon as you start caring for them.