Ice cold beverages and hot foods can be the bane of existence for those who suffer from a tooth sensitivity. If you have noticed pain while eating ice cream or drinking coffee, you should know there are reasons for your pain. Causes of sensitive teeth include tooth decay, worn down fillings, worn enamel, gum disease, exposed tooth roots, and fractured teeth. Treatment for the sensitivity can depend on the issue causing it. Some treatments are:
– Desensitizing toothpaste: This toothpaste has compounds in it that are effective in keeping painful sensations away from your tooth after a few applications.
– Fluoride gel: Fluoride builds up the minerals in your teeth, and can strengthen your tooth enamel as well as blocking pathways to the nerve of the tooth.
– Dental work: Treatments for dental sensitivity include dental crown and dental veneers. These treatments can also correct a cosmetic flaw in the tooth and eliminate tooth decay.
– Surgical gum graft: If your gums have pulled down and exposed the roots, a gum graft will return your gums to their proper place in order to protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
– Root canal therapy: This is used when other treatments fail. A root canal is sure to remove the sensitivity.
To set up an appointment with Dr. Payam Bostani to discuss your tooth sensitivity please call Dr. Bostani's Advanced Dental in Burbank, California, today.